New port - Berkley yacc

From: Dave Hudson <dave_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Jun 02 1994 - 03:20:21 PDT

Hi All,

I've just ported a version of Berkley yacc - I suspect it's not the latest
one, it just happened to be one I had on my Linux system (the timestamps
indicate it was April last year).

I think it generates slightly smaller output files than bison, and doesn't
come with the insistence that all programs using it must be GPL'd.

Actually to call this a port is a slight overstatment - it requried a
modified makefile and one #ifdef VSTADOSFS to cope with naming output files
as say y_tab.c instead of y.tab.c. If it's compiled without the matching
#define it should use the normal y.tab.c format - useful if we move to a fs
that supports longer filenames than dos.

Again, I'm pretty sure it's working OK, but at the moment I can only really
test it on a few files from rc and flex.

                Regards,
                Dave