floating point (was: GNU sed 2.05)

From: Peter Holzer <hp_at_nospam.org>
Date: Tue May 17 1994 - 10:23:56 PDT

You (Dave Hudson) wrote:

> anyone care to write an FPU emulator?

Not an emulator, but I have a soft-FP library lying around. It was
originally written for the Minix bcc compiler, and I added some glue
for the c386 compiler. Adding glue for gcc would be trivial (just
compile the libgcc?.c-files with c386 -gas).

I haven't much time to play with VSTa currently, but the library is in
/pub/minix/hp/alpha/{bcc,c386}fp.tar.Z on ftp.vmars.tuwien.ac.at, and I
could produce the necessary glue, too.

        hp

--
   _  | hp@vmars.tuwien.ac.at | Peter Holzer | TU Vienna | CS/Real-Time Systems
| |   | It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble, it's
__/   | what we know that ain't so. -- Will Rogers