Re: Manual pages

From: Rob Savoye <rob_at_nospam.org>
Date: Tue May 10 1994 - 09:59:11 PDT

       From: gtn@ebt.com (Gavin Nicol)
       Subject: Manual pages

> If all the man pages were justsingle pages, I think we might be able
> to get a reasonable output, and reasonable speed. I also have a man
> page to texinfo converter (rough but workable on a lot of man pages).

  As far as info browsers go, you can choose from info, emacs, Tkinfo. We
use info for hypertext in a tty, and then TkWWW, chimera, xmosaic for HTML.
I just think that ussing texinfo is as close as we can get at this time
to a portable doc format. We can decide on which output format to use later...

        - rob -