v1.3 bug fixes

From: Andrew Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Wed Apr 20 1994 - 08:39:31 PDT

With the help of Dave Hudson, I've fixed a number of small memory leaks in
the system, adding a fairly comprehensive set of instrumentation for
tracking memory use in the process. I've also found a bug in the DOS server
which bit some folks doing "make install" which overwrote an executable
which was currently running. Actually, the DOS server would have done the
right thing on last close, but since the executable never exit()'ed, it
never got written, so the file was bad on next reboot.

strip(1) was missing from the distribution, sh(1) didn't do the right thing
when you set environment variables through the shell, and there were a
couple smaller things I fixed. Look for a v1.3.1 soon--and if you have
further contributions, let me know soon. In particular, I believe there's
still an unexplained DOS server death to hunt. I haven't seen it here.

                                        Andy