boot.exe problem

From: <kphung_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri Nov 19 1993 - 08:32:56 PST

>That is the routine which actually starts VSTa. Have you verified
>that it dies IN that routine, or is it possible that it has actually
>switched from there into VSTa itself, and is dying in 32-bit mode
>running the VSTa kernel?

Yeap, I think that your suggestion is right and the problem is mostly
happened in the boot file system as I tried to stop in the very
beginning of the initialisation in the kernel. It still reboots my
386. Ah, I find that you have said the root file system is installed
at the first partition, but my configuration is rather complicated
with a Linux installed on the same harddisk.

I would want to see if my configuration should run VSTa or not.
Please give comments or remedies.
1. Linux Loader (LILO) is installed which can allow me to select
   a partition to bootstrap.
2. partition 1 and 2 are installed by Linux.
3. partition 3 is a normal DRDOS 6.0.
4. partition 4 is a compressed superstor drive of DRDOS.
5. both VSTa and DJGPP are in partition 4 ( D: of DRDOS ).

I think such complexities should be the source of problem.

>>Now, I would like to ask if I can get some FAQs or document concerning
>>the boot.exe and allow me to have some background before hacking into
>>the codes. Anyany, I would muuuuuuch appreciate if you can give me
>>any hints or refernece.

>I have an overview of the boot process which I wrote up a while ago.
>I hope it'll help you get started debugging!
>
> Andy Valencia

Thank you for the document in boot.exe. Should I get more docs about
VSTa?

Any comments or suggestions are welcome from those trying VSTa in there
PC.

Starry Hung
kphung@hkueee.hku.hk