Re: i386-aout-vsta cross-compilers

From: Mirian Crzig Lennox <mirian_at_nospam.org>
Date: Sat Jan 20 2001 - 10:48:00 PST

In article <3FC96A0BD509D411930500062950DFB71559F3@GERNT002>,
Dines, Eric <Eric.Dines@iluka.com> wrote:
>>The patched sources can be compiled cross or natively. If you define
>>the environment variable CROSS, it will do a cross-compile. If
>>CROSS is not defined, then it will compile natively in the old manner.
>
>You're a legend Mirian!

Gosh, I've never been called that before.

>Just one last request. Do you mind spelling out exactly how/where the CROSS
>env. variable should be defined please?

You can either set it in your shell; for bash, it would be
        export CROSS=1
for csh, it would be
        setenv CROSS 1

or else, you can specify it right on the make command line:
        cd vsta/src/os/make
        make CROSS=1 vsta

It doesn't matter what value you give it so long as it's defined.

One thing I forgot to mention is that you absolutely need GNU make
after applying my patch. On a Linux system, GNU make is the default
make anyway, so you're all set, but when you go back to your VSTa
system, you'll need to invoke make as "gmake".

cheers,
--Mirian