Re: VSTa 1.6.5

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 19:33:48 PST

["Sandro Magi" <naasking@hotmail.com> writes:]

>I have one more question. I try to run mgr, but bochs quits on me with a
>"bochs: panic, *** io read from vga port 3c8" in the bochs.out file. I'm
>pretty sure this is a limitation in the bochs vga emulation code, but I
>thought I'd ask anyway.

Most likely... Bochs is nicely written that way. When it sees some I/O
device accessed in a way it doesn't understand, it logs a message about it
and then aborts. Then you can hunt the message down in the source, and see
if you can figure out how to enhance the emulation so it supports what
you're doing.

At some point, you'll most likely need to run VSTa on the bare hardware.
But Bochs is really nice for getting started.

Andy