Re: Errors with 1.6.4

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 04:09:50 PDT

[Martin_Doering@mn.man.de writes:]

>Now I'm back from my holidays and will have some tests again. One thing
>first:
>Does this mean, that 1.6.4 should work, or is it a very experimental
>version?

It should work pretty well--it's all I use for my own day-to-day work.
I have one edge case of cluster numbering in a node (in \windows\temp,
bleh) which I have to hunt down. But in general it's working quite
well.

>I can remember, that I always got a message "perm" after nearly every
>command.
>This could have something to do with the fat support, or maybe I did set
>up something wrong. What should I send you to come behind, what's wrong? I
>just set up all the stuff the way it is described. The only thing could
>be, how I configured the servers from grub - the rest is just the zip
>file. Or possibly I exceeded some limits? I have a 15 GB harddisk with the
>first partition beeing a fat16 one.

That's your exit status. If the command worked OK, I can't imagine what
would cause its exit status to look funny.

Andy