Grub under VMware for Linux

From: Dines, Eric <Eric.Dines_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 20:18:05 PDT

I have just started using VMware for Linux, to try and simplify my
development platform(s), but cannot get any of the versions of Grub to
install on the virtual hard-disk.
I keep getting a message "Stage1 Stage2 geom wrong" or something like that.
Grub is 0.5.95, VMware is 2.02, Linux RH 6.2
I've got dos booting on it OK, and I can boot off a floppy with the kernel
on the virtual disk, but I can't install it!!!

I remember in the list that someone else go things going after a bit of
trouble....Can you tell me how you did it please?

Ironically the version that Andy packaged eons ago works fine on VMware for
NT.

regards
Eric