Re: SourceForge (pci ne2k)

From: Brian J. Swetland <swetland_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 17:32:19 PDT

[Andy Valencia <vandys@zendo.com>]
> ["Gavin Thomas Nicol" <gtn@ebt.com> writes:]
>
> I'll need to have a 7/24 VSTa server running to permit this, but that
> doesn't seem like a big deal. Another key piece is the need for our lousy
> networking card coverage (still just NE2000) to improve. I foresee ISA
> slots becoming a novelty in the very near future.

PCI NE2K is pretty simple to do and the cards (while cheesy) are
readily available for $10-12 or so.

Here's a code snippet that scans through PCI space (works with VIA and
Intel chipsets, probably some others) for NE2K's that I use for a
netboot rom:

http://www.openblt.org/blt/netboot/pci.c

Brian

--
 Brian J. Swetland  | "If I have hacked deeper than them, it is because
 swetland@frotz.net |  I stand in their trenches." -- Graham Nelson