Re: Open Source Plan 9 Release

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 08:14:45 PDT

[Erik Dalen <erik@jpl.nu> writes:]

>What will happen with VSTa now?
>I mean after all the making of VSTa was motivated by the fact that plan 9
>wasn't open source.

That and an interest in microkernels. As far as I could tell from "the
outside looking in", Plan 9 wasn't a microkernel. Now that (apparently) the
source is available, I'll have to look and see what it's like on the inside.

BTW, if anybody can scare up source (including x86), please post a pointer.
I've just wandered into Lucent's web site, and I'm really not interested in
having a boot floppy image stuffed down my modem line.

Thanks,
Andy