VSTa news

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 10:57:57 PDT

Hello, VSTa interessees.

It gives me great pleasure to announce some changes on the VSTa home front.
Because of the unprecedented valuations of Internet companies, and my timely
employment at Cisco Systems, I have recently resigned my position at Cisco
in order to pursue "personal interests". For me, this will entail some
market gardening, and--as you might guess--VSTa hacking. So after a long
slumber, my plan is for VSTa to reawaken with a full-time owner again.

For those of you who asked if the current stock market gyrations impacted
me--the short answer is no. I have been pursuing a strategy of
diversification over the last several years, and while my investments have
perhaps not done as well as the hottest startups, they have done OK, and
continue to do OK through this market downturn. So you will not need to
wonder if I will have to stop working on VSTa to take up a job at the local
burger joint!

In addition to the progress I sent to the list recently, I've been busy
adapting MGR's "Sun Portable" blit driver to the 256-color VGA modes under
svgalib. I should probably suspend this to provide an update to all of you,
although I'm pretty close to having it work (currently I'm putting in the
64k bank switching support). It's been slower than usual because (1) I'm
still a little stale, and (2) I don't have much experience with PC graphics
cards. But it's getting there.

Regards,
Andy Valencia