Re: Cluster

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Sun Jan 02 2000 - 23:17:23 PST

[Pavel Machek <pavel@suse.cz> writes:]

>> >can VSTa become a cluster? If not will it be implemented in the future?
>> It depends what you mean by "a cluster".
>> Process creation
>> probably needs to be converted to using message primitives, so that you can
>> create processes on arbitrary nodes (interestingly, QNX4 offers this, but
>> Quantum's next generation OS, Neutrino, does not (yet)).
>Can you do at least "on-exec" migration?

The quoted part of my answer applies to this. The answer is "no" (for now).
Note that "exec" time is a bad point to migrate, since it implies a lot of
inherited fork() environment. The POSIX spawn*() concept is much
friendlier, since the new environment has a much more structured set of
initial values.

Andy