Re: Hello!

From: Vince Hodges <vhodges_at_nospam.org>
Date: Sun Dec 19 1999 - 17:12:45 PST

    Andy> [MONTAGNAT =?iso-8859-1?Q?Cl=E9ment?= <clmontagnat@magic.fr>
    Andy> writes:]
>> Hello, I have an Amiga 68030 an d i want to test VSTa. How can
>> i do it please?

    Andy> Amiga is very much out of date, and was never more than a
    Andy> "for hardy souls only" type of port. Given that, if you
    Andy> know Amiga internals and 68030, the starting point is the
    Andy> files in v1.5.2/amiga.tz.

    Andy> If somebody could get this all running in an Amiga emulator,
    Andy> I might even be interested in maintaining it on an ongoing
    Andy> basis. It would be a good way to keep VSTa honestly
    Andy> portable.

Unfortunately, AFAIK, none of the current Amiga emulators emulate the
MMU, so this isn't possible (even if I did have the time :)

--
Vince Hodges                             "Beware geeks bearing diffs"
vhodges@home.com