Re: VSTa

From: David Jeske <jeske_at_nospam.org>
Date: Wed Apr 21 1999 - 10:58:28 PDT

On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 06:14:42PM -0400, Gavin Thomas Nicol wrote:
> > approach. For instance, www.squeak.org is a very powerful Smalltalk
> > implementation which might make a nice starting point for all
>
> Well, as much as I like Smalltalk, it's still too far "out there".
> VSTa could get a lot of benefit from exploring some of the more
> interesting things in QNX et al. I think.

Really? Hmm.. I think I much more agree with Andy. While I don't know
if I would use smalltalk, I think today's expanding problems with
software and operating systems do not rely around which kernel
orginization can get 4k/s faster I/O. Increasingly, desktop and
embedded applications are built with commodity software systems
sitting on top of whatever kernel is convinent.

What interesting things in QNX were you referring to?

--
David Jeske (N9LCA) + http://www.chat.net/~jeske/ + jeske_at_chat.net