Hmm. GRUB doesn't seem to work...

From: Gavin Thomas Nicol <gtn_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon Nov 23 1998 - 19:18:24 PST

I've got a machine I'm trying to put GRUB onto so I can boot VSTa.
Currently, the machine has got:

   2GB NTFS
   70MB Linux Swap
   1.7GB Linux EXTFS
   257MB VSTa

and I use NT Loader to boot into LILO, then into Linux (painful,
but it works). What I've been trying to do is replace the NT Loader
and LILO steps with GRUB, which would also allow me to boot into
VSTa.

I can make a floppy with GRUB on it, boot it, and from there, boot
into VSTa, NT, and Linux. However, when I put GRUB onto the hard
disk using the following:

   install=(fd0)+1 d (hd0) (hd0,2)/boot/grub/stage2 0x8000 p

or any number of variants of it, I get nothing. It looks like
it's not even getting to stage1, because I hacked it to beep the
speaker when the system boots, which works on the floppy, but
not on the hard disk. Any ideas anyone?

An alternative (less attractive) is to use LILO. I tried using
Dave's VSTaBIT to build a bootable image, but that doesn't seem to
work with 1.6.1?