Re: Strange diff behaviour

From: Juan Jose Villaplana Querol <villapla_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Oct 22 1998 - 13:37:16 PDT

> Hmm, what kind of filesystem is underneath this directory? /tmp by any
> chance? Perhaps I made a mistake in the page caching or something. I may
> not have noticed, since I hardly ever run programs off of /tmp, and even
> then perhaps not more than once.

    This directory is under a dos filesystem (is the fs/root filesystem).

> I'll double check when I get home tonight, but I'm pretty sure I run and
> re-run diff many times without problems from DOS and vstafs filesystems.

    I think I was not clear in my previous e-mail, diff stops working
    only for the files located in the executable's directory. The
    executable may be a "Hello world" written in C, any executable
    copied from /vsta/bin to this directory, ...

    Thanks

                Juanjo

----
Juan Jose Villaplana Querol   villapla@si.uji.es