Re: Strange diff behaviour

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Wed Oct 21 1998 - 14:11:31 PDT

["Juan Jose Villaplana Querol" <villapla@si.uji.es> writes:]

>Let be a directory with two (different) text files and an executable,
>the diff command reports correctly the differences betweent the text
>files, but after executing the executable located in this directory the
>diff command does not work. If the executable is removed, diff recovers
>its normal behaviour.

Hmm, what kind of filesystem is underneath this directory? /tmp by any
chance? Perhaps I made a mistake in the page caching or something. I may
not have noticed, since I hardly ever run programs off of /tmp, and even
then perhaps not more than once.

I'll double check when I get home tonight, but I'm pretty sure I run and
re-run diff many times without problems from DOS and vstafs filesystems.

                                                        Andy