Re: Mouse driver trouble (again)

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy_at_nospam.org>
Date: Tue Aug 19 1997 - 08:51:47 PDT

On Aug 18, 9:00pm, Binh Thai wrote:
> Subject: Mouse driver trouble (again)
> Hi everyone,
> I have tried very hard during the past week in an attempt to get the
> mouse driver to work properly, so far I have NO success whatsoever.
> The mouse i am using is a SERIAL one, i have commented out the KBD linesin the source code, so now it doesn't drop into the kernel debugger.
> However, the movement of the mouse cursor one the screen is inconsistantwith my actual mouse movement, and using /src/srv/mach/mouse/test, it basically
> confirms by findings - a down movement registered dx values etc.
> My question is this - can any tell me in the ibmrs232.c file, the
> function mouse(), uses a buffer replied from the rs232 driver to manipulate
> the dx and dy values. How does those values values came about? What's written
> doesn't seem to be 100% correct. If I know how those values are derived, I
> might have a chance to solve the problem.

Hi,

I had some problems with mice a while ago. I found that my Logitech
Series 9 mouse wouldn't work without having DTR and RTS cycled at it,
and sending "*B" (I think). I modified my copy of the mouse server to
do this; I'll see if I can dig it up for you.

Otherwise, I had no problems with my very old Genius mouse; I guess it just
depends on lots of detail...