Mouse driver trouble (again)

From: Binh Thai <s2156593_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon Aug 18 1997 - 04:00:26 PDT

Hi everyone,
        I have tried very hard during the past week in an attempt to get the
mouse driver to work properly, so far I have NO success whatsoever.
        The mouse i am using is a SERIAL one, i have commented out the KBD linesin the source code, so now it doesn't drop into the kernel debugger.
        However, the movement of the mouse cursor one the screen is inconsistantwith my actual mouse movement, and using /src/srv/mach/mouse/test, it basically
confirms by findings - a down movement registered dx values etc.
        My question is this - can any tell me in the ibmrs232.c file, the
function mouse(), uses a buffer replied from the rs232 driver to manipulate
the dx and dy values. How does those values values came about? What's written
doesn't seem to be 100% correct. If I know how those values are derived, I
might have a chance to solve the problem.

        Thank you very much

        Binh thai
/