Re: 061297: more stuff

From: Andrew Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Wed Jul 16 1997 - 13:36:09 PDT

[edorman@Tanya.ucsd.edu (Eric Dorman) writes:]

>>No, actually all the relative stuff is so that you can move the tree
>>anywhere.
>Uh, I can't see how you can move the tree anywhere if there is
>-I../../.. specifying where standard includes are (for example); it
>reads to me that you have to have /include exactly 3 directories up.

Well, that's the point of breaking out src/include from include/. The
intent is that the src/ sub-tree will build self-consistently, so you can
change your source files (including .h files) without impacting your "real"
system files.

>Mmm, two separate include dirs, /vsta/include and /vsta/src/include
>with the same contents?

No; you'd "co -l ..." exclusively in the src/include one. The other is a
read-only copy of the release distribution.

> Now if I could get that jaz working...

I got a Zip drive sort of working; it looks like a defective unit, since
FreeBSD can't make it work right, either. The problem is in the SCSI
server, which doesn't do the right thing for dismountable media. The
workaround is to patch out the special case for dismountable and treat it
like a fixed disk.

                                                        Andy