Re: compiling MGR

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Wed Jan 17 1996 - 09:03:59 PST

[edm@bangate.compaq.com writes:]

>Ok, a potentially stupid question but is there a trick to getting MGR to
>build and run?

A deep and abiding love of VSTa helps, I suppose. :-)

>I just modified Configfi to match my paths, made sure it was the file that
>was included in the makefile and ran make. MGR seemed to build ok, but
>several of the clients couldn't find include files. When I tried to
>run MGR itself, I got the startup screen but that was all. I had to
>power cycle the machine to reboot it.

Note that I did a *lot* of work on the mouse server; if you clicked a button
and the startup screen didn't disappear, I might have muffed your model.
What kind do you use?

OTOH, if you click a button and get a blank screen, then it's likely your
mouse server is OK, but your button events are mismapped, or something.
Left click (actually, click down and hold) should give you a menu in most
situations.

                                                Andy