Re: Installing VSTa without installing DOS first.. Possible?

From: David Jeske <jeske_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon Dec 04 1995 - 09:54:41 PST

> So I'm been aspousing the greatness of VSTa to my roommate for
> awhile now and finally the other day he said "OK, How do I install it? I
> don't want to have DOS on this machine.. Does it have a boot/root setup
> similar to Linux?

No. You just format the partition MSDOS, put the tar file on it, and
untar. Then boot vsta from MSDOS>

> I didn't know the ansswer :)
>
> I know that for awhile David Jeske was working on one, did that ever get
> finished?

Yes, I was working on this. However, school and major life crisis have
been taking up all of my time, so I'll be a while before I get back to it.

--
jeske_at_uiuc.edu   + David Jeske(N9LCA)<A HREF="http://www.cen.uiuc.edu/~jeske/">
NeXTMail accepted + CompEng Student/OS,uP design/Call Gtalk at (708)998-0008