Re: PCI?

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri Nov 24 1995 - 12:55:04 PST

On Nov 24, 12:46pm, Pai-Hsiang Hsiao wrote:
> No, I tried Linux at first, but soon suspended because of those inline
> assembly. Then I tried BSD code which talk to PCI chipset, and works.
> I will rewrite those assembly later.

The assembler was pretty trivial to get going.

> Well, we all think the code is not necessary in the kernl. As to be a
> library, it sounds like a good idea, and also be feasible. I neven consider
> this approach before, maybe I can try it before going on.

Yeah, its an interesting property of VSTa that approaches which are completely
outlandish for other systems turn out to be the best way of doing things.
Who'd consider putting device drivers in a library in Linux, or even Plan 9?

> BTW, how about your codes? maybe I can use your codes, and go to other
> device drivers directly.

Sure, I'll send you a copy when I get home.