Latest stuff

From: Gavin Thomas Nicol <nick_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Sep 30 1993 - 21:07:31 PDT

>I have pdmake ported to VSTa, and my complete lack of support for time in
>the DOS filesystem bit me immediately. I've added a time_set() interface
>to the microkernel, and written a user program to query the PC NV clock,
>map it to kernel format, and set the system time. I also added the basic
>"date" command, so I can see if it worked.

That's interesting. Just last night I was thinking about time in VSTa.
I thought a simple server that maintained the system time would be
nice. I figured that if it was designed well, it wouldn't even need to
handle interrupts. This way programs could just open /dev/time, and
read/write.

>I'll add time support to the DOS filesystem tomorrow, and then hopefully
>I'll have a workable "make" with which to drive all my native VSTa
>compiles.

Great! If I remember correctly, pdmake is fairly limited in what it
let's you do isn't it? Something like the mid 70's to early 80's unix
make?

>BTW, if somebody wants to do a an easy but "neato" modification for me,

If this isn't urgent, I'll look into it a little later. (I think I'll
probably be doing some hacking in that area when I start writing
MADO).

nick