Re: help with dos boot strapping environment ?

From: Andrew Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon Sep 20 1993 - 08:26:08 PDT

[Pat Mackinlay <mackinla@cs.curtin.edu.au> writes:]

>I can confirm the same behaviour. I don't know where the tarfiles came from
>in the first place, but it won't create directories for me...

What a pain!

I have used a port of GNU tar for DOS quite successfully. Could you folks
try this out? It's available:

        cs.ubc.ca:/mirror4/msdos/dskutl/aspibin.zip

This is GNU tar with support for SCSI tape using the ASPI driver
interface. But it also works fine as a generic tar. I will switch
to recommending this if you folks have luck with it.

                                Thanks,
                                Andy