Re: Problem with booting VSTa

From: Pat Mackinlay <mackinla_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri Aug 20 1993 - 09:22:48 PDT

> boot/boot.lst, and switch your disk parameters from readp to cmos (or
> vice versa, if you're already using cmos). At worst, find out what
> parameters DOS is using and use the <cylinders>:<heads>:<sec/track>
> format for your disk server.

This hack is still bothering me. Can I ask how many people are actually
using the "cmos" configuration successfully? I have a nasty feeling that
it won't work on a reasonably large number of machines...

An slightly cleaner method would be to hack BOOT.EXE so that it makes a
"special case" of the WD server. This would probably be a better solution
in the long run, as the fake geometry is important when you deal with SCSI
disks too.

Anyone else have any bright ideas?

Pat -- "There's only one thing left to do Mama, I got to ding a ding dang
        my dang a long ling long" (Jesus Built My Hotrod -- Ministry)
GCS d* -p+ c++ l++ m--- s+/- !g w- t- r