Re: Help!! Unable to extract VSTa sources

From: Andrew Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Wed Aug 18 1993 - 12:59:25 PDT

>gzip should probably be included in the package, or at least a hint on
>where to find it. Alternatively it could be repackaged with a more
>common archiver such as zoo or zip. This would also have the advantage
>that you don't need several megabytes of free space just to hold
>uncompressed tar files.

Well, you'll need that space after you extract to build anyway. I
chose the current scheme because gzip is better at compressing than
pkzip (I use -9), and tar's default to extracting in a directory tree,
whereas pkunzip needs extra switches. I have also not had great
experiences with extracting directory hierarchies out of zip archives
on UNIX systems. People sometimes want to do that.

I've added a note to the readme, and put a copy of gzip.exe out on
the FTP directory too.

                                                Andy