new user problems

From: <rb2_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Jul 20 1995 - 04:47:14 PDT

Hello,
I am relatively new to VSTa. After some inital problems i got things going,
and VSTa runs very stable on my private 586/60, 8MB. Plugged into the PC is
a DSP card, which I want to control using a VSTa server.

Like every VSTa newbie, I have some questions concerning the system.

1. Is there a chance to install VSTa on a 386SX with only 2 MB RAM? All my
   experiments ended with a hangup resulting from 'freemem = 0'. Even if I
   commented out most of the servers in the boot script the first complex
   application like gcc or vi crashed VSTa.

2. Is there a way to use the Video-BIOS of the graphics card? It would be fine
   if I could use at least the standard VGA modi. I want to do simple graphics
   in VSTa, if possible. The man who is working on the (MADO?) window system
   could probably answer this easily.

I would be glad, if someone could help me with this problems.

Best regards,
Robert

----
rb2@irz.inf.tu-dresden.de