New VSTA user

From: Tim Hesketh <T.Hesketh_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon Jul 03 1995 - 10:51:52 PDT

Got VSTA - it works - like it. I would like to use it to illustrate
various points for teaching purposes. If so, I might be in a position
to contribute examples of use (so much better than documentation).
Answers to some basic questions would get me off to a flying start.

1. Is the summary of functions in syscall.c a reasonable summary of system
   calls? Are there other places to look as well?

2. What is the status of fpu support? I have seen comments referring to
   fpu support in the mail archives, and have found some relevant code,
   but for example, what happens on task/thread switching? Is this user
   controllable? What floating point support is offered within programs? I'm
   experimenting.

3. Are there options for control of task scheduling, and if so, how are they
   invoked?

4. Can I change machine clock-tick rates?

5. Can you point me at some code that would best illustrate interrupt
   setting-up/handling?

I hope you don't mind some basic questions from time to time. Thanks for the
welcoming message when I joined the mailing list.

Tim Hesketh