boot diskette?

From: David Eagle <DEAGLE_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri Apr 28 1995 - 06:36:00 PDT

OK, I am still kinda new to VSTa.

     How do I create a boot diskette? Is this even possible? If not, when
do we

expect such a capability to be ready? In particular, I would like to boot
off a 1.4M
floppy. What would be really cool is if I could boot from a floppy on a
floppy-only
system with about 8M memory, decompress the entire floppy into memory, and
(after allowing 3M for the expanded boot diskette and 1M for system data
areas)
have about 4M for user program space. Then, if I may continue my fantasy a
moment,
I would like that 3M of expanded bootdisk to contain ALL the normally used
subroutines
for GUI support, so that my programs can average about 40K each and still be
user
friendly.

By the way, I do have ulterior motives for wanting a lean, mean OS machine.
 Will
reveal in a followup.