i386 vsta

From: Timothy Newsham <newsham_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri Apr 14 1995 - 12:20:56 PDT

Hi,
   At work there are always spare machines coming in and out and
I decided I'd install vsta on one of them to play around with
a fully working vsta finally. After figuring out how to
get the box into real mode (hey, I dont do dos :) I was able
to get it up and running fine. I'm just using a dos filesystem
currently (least disruptive to the system). Anyway I wasn't
able to compile any programs. I remember hearing of this
problem before and I thought the answer was something like
give yourself permissions 1.1 (sys.sys) but I did that
and I still cant compile. I get "perm" when I use cc
and it complains about not being able to use the files
in /tmp (I cant even ls -l them but I can do an ls on them)
after cpp creates them when I do a make in one of the
srv directories. Whats the answer?

                             Tim N.