Re: Debugging a Boot Server

From: Andrew Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Wed Mar 01 1995 - 11:15:48 PST

[koogler@bedford.progress.com (David Koogler) writes:]

>I am trying to debug a boot server and I want how to attach ADB directly to th
>server, or the procedure for killing off the server and restarting it under
>ADB.
>Right now I am using syslog to print out tracing messages, but the turnaround
>time between debugging sessions is a little long.

Note that if you're attaching to, say, the wd or dos server, you probably
want to copy the a.out for the server AND the adb command to /tmp, and
run/debug from there. Otherwise you can deadlock when your a.out stops for
the debugger and your debugger process page faults a page in from the
filesystem which is stopped.

                                                        Andy