Re: More performance comments..

From: Rob Savoye <rob_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon Jan 30 1995 - 12:49:02 PST

       From: Dave Hudson <dave@humbug.demon.co.uk>
       Subject: More performance comments..

> 2) GNU C and GNU ld don't seem to get 486 code alignment right :-( This one
> is something that might prove interesting for some of the other free 486

  The assembler should be padding the section out to a multiple of 16
  bytes, when .align 4 is specified and an object file format is used
  that doesn't include a section alignment field in its headers.

Howdy. Dave, here's the ansswer I got back from the GAS maintainer. You found
a bug! :-) I'll post the patch when I get it. Just as a note, starting with what
will be GCC 2.7.0, (possibly earlier) all the code to build a VSTa native or
cross compiler is part of the FSF's net release. I managed to get all the
patches approved.

        - rob -