Reality check

From: Gary Shea <shea_at_nospam.org>
Date: Tue Jan 10 1995 - 10:51:48 PST

This is directed to Andy, but I felt it was best to post it publicly.

Andy, in order to decide whose changes my code should respond to,
I need to know where you stand on changes that you have expressed
differences with. What is going to happen if someone creates code
which is not in accordance with your desires? I'd like a clear policy
here.

My perspective is: It's your system, I'm happy to work within your
preferences because I get a lot out of doing it. But there are
competing influences at the moment, and while all will be resolved
in time, I want guidelines to clarify what that resolution will look
like, so I can avoid wasted effort now.

Thanks!

        Gary