Re: cons2 non-us keymap

From: Dave Hudson <dave_at_nospam.org>
Date: Wed Dec 28 1994 - 03:50:41 PST

Hi,

Joerg Wittenberger wrote:

> in-head translation of keyboards are a nightmare.
> I modified the cons2 server slightly to support non-us keyboards.

It's strange that after all this time two of us have done similar patches (I
did UK mappings last week :-)) I'll add your diffs into the work I'm doing
to support the cons3 code that David Jeske did a couple of weeks ago. I
seem to remember some French mappings being posted a few months back so I'll
add them as well. I'm rewriting a lot of the keyboard code at the moment to
allow it to handle things like the LEDs, and ultimately downloadable
keymaps - it's just a question of how to handle things like a Japanese
keyboard that make it more interesting!

                        Regards,
                        Dave