Re: ELF

From: Rob Savoye <rob_at_nospam.org>
Date: Tue Dec 20 1994 - 07:31:44 PST

       From: chrisf@sour.sw.oz.au (Christopher Fraser)
       Subject: ELF

> How do people feel about adpoting ELF as the "standard" executable
> format in VSTa? ELF is file executable and linking format used in
>
> ELF has its own hooks for dynamic linking, but I'm not really sure
> how they work.

  I've suggested this before.... We use ELF heavily on several platforms. Under
Solaris we recently added dynamic linking support for ELF as well, and we use
ELF for mips, pa, i386, sparc. It's becoming popular with high-end ICE's
as well. A.out has too many limitations on sections, that's why DJGPP
moved to COFF, but ELF would be even better.

        - rob -