Re: how to make fd bootable

From: Dave Hudson <dave_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri Dec 16 1994 - 00:49:29 PST

brtmac@ksu.ksu.edu wrote:

> What has to be done to make a server loadable by boot.exe? I was
> playing with making a bootable VSTa floppy, but boot.exe gave me
> an error when I tried adding fd to the boot.lst file? It said that
> it hadn't been linked for booting.

As Andy, mentioned, fd needs to be linked statically - you'll find though
that the boot process is painful (around 6 minutes I found). I've optimised
boot.exe and the fd server code to make it load to a login prompt in about
60 seconds now. Hopefully this will get put onto David Jeske's ftp are
sometime in the next couple of days.

                        Regards,
                        Dave