re: Looking for a project

From: Edward Mccreary <edm_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri Sep 23 1994 - 12:44:52 PDT

Bryan Ford wrote...

> Since VSTa and the Hurd have many similarities in overall file system architec
ture,
> you might want to try this buffer cache library (and possibly other libraries)
> to match the interfaces of the corresponding Hurd libraries.
> That way you could simply "drop in" Louis-D. Dubeau's ext2fs-on-Hurd code,
> _and_ Michael Bushnell's BSD FFS Hurd code, and any other Hurd file systems
> that may come into existence in the future. I think the Hurd's file system
> helper libraries encapsulate almost all of the major Mach dependencies, so
> this may not be all that difficult.

Good idea. I think I'll download the latest Hurd snapshot this weekend
and see how they implemented their filesystem libraries. I've already
downloaded the ext2fs Hurd server but I haven't had time to look at it
yet.

regards,
eddie

--
Eddie McCreary                                       edm@twisto.compaq.com
Graphics Development                    "Do or do not, there is no 'try'."