Re: Manual pages

From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH <basile_at_nospam.org>
Date: Tue May 10 1994 - 08:59:28 PDT

Gavin Nicol <gtn@ebt.com> wrote:

#>
#> I certainly haven't written any manual pages yet. Actually, I question
#> whether the normal nroff format is a good or bad idea. I think we have
#> the technology available now to do something a little better.

Perhaps HTML would be an interesting candidate. Also, gnu texi or info
files could be ok. I do agree than nroff is not a very interesting
online documentation format.

My biaised opinion is for GNU texinfo format --but it is just because
i know it better. I don't know much about HTML (but did read books on
SGML upon which, as i understand, is based HTML; i found SGML much too
complex to be really interesting!).

Basile STARYNKEVITCH ---- Commissariat a l Energie Atomique
DRN/DMT/SERMA * C.E. Saclay bat.470 * 91191 GIF/YVETTE CEDEX * France
fax: (33) 1- 69.08.23.81; phone: (33) 1- 69.08.40.66
email: basile@soleil.serma.cea.fr; homephone: (33) 1- 46.65.45.53

Not yet VSTa-ling but already linuxing at home only. I hope to try
VSTa in a month or two (after buying a 1gb disk).

N.B. Any opinions expressed here are solely mine, and not of my organization.
N.B. Les opinions exprimees ici me sont personnelles et n engagent pas le CEA.