VSTa compiled under Linux?

From: Steve Chapin <sjc_at_nospam.org>
Date: Sun Mar 06 1994 - 13:48:37 PST

Well, my PCs finally arrived. I think the university purchasing folks
use turtles as couriers.

I'm bringing up Linux, with the intent of compiling VSTa for
downloading onto a backend machine and testing. Has anyone done
anything similar, specifically:

         1) compiled VSTa under Linux
         2) rigged up downloading over a network for backend machines
         3) configured VSTa to treat the serial port as the console (I
            haven't brought VSTa up yet, so I don't know what it uses
            for the default)?

I've done similar stuff for XINU when I was at Purdue, so I have a
pretty good idea how to go about it. However, I'm always happy to
save effort, so if someone else has already done something similar,
please let me know.

sc