Threads

From: Gavin Thomas Nicol <nick_at_nospam.org>
Date: Sun Feb 27 1994 - 16:33:03 PST

Andy writes:
>you running at the given routine. Now, I *wish* I'd allowed a second
>argument, so that "routine" would be entered as:
>
>routine(void *arg)
>{
>}
>
>As currently there's no easy, reentrant way to send args to your new
>thread. Somewhat incompatible, but worth it?

It might be a nice feature, but in all honesty, I don't know how
useful it would be. When I think use threads, I try to think of them
as a complete, self-sufficient entity of their own, which communicate
via some IPC mechanism (currently a shared event queue in MADO). As
such, none of the threads in MADO would benefit from this at all.

Other opinions are welcome of course :-)