Re: readline in rc

From: Dave Hudson <dave_at_nospam.org>
Date: Wed Feb 09 1994 - 02:47:45 PST

Peter Holzer wrote:

> You (Rob Savoye) wrote:
> >
> > > I am using ash now in Minix to run scripts and zsh for interactive use.
> >
> > Having never used either of these, what are they like ?
> >

> Ash is a bourne shell clone. I am not sure where it comes from, but it
> could be from bsd net-2. Zsh is ksh with some extensions and csh-like
> history thrown in. Has very good command-line edition and file
> completion.

I use ash (from bsd) on my Linux boot floppies - it's quite small at around
62k and has about 500k sources. The only thing I've found is that it has a
nasty habit of locking up every now and then (this could be a Linux
problem). Generally it's pretty robust (although I miss not having a
command line editor)

                Dave