SCSI status

From: Gavin Thomas Nicol <nick_at_nospam.org>
Date: Tue Nov 30 1993 - 15:44:19 PST

Well, it sounds like things are progressing nicely. A couple of
points:

>Now here's the TODO list for a minimal disk-only SCSI driver:
>
> 1) write handlers for all VSTa messages (ie, M_CONNECT, ...,
> FS_READ, FS_WRITE, ...). Finish the PDRV disk code.

I've found that most of the M_* messages can be copied from elsewhere.
They tend to be fairly generic in what they do (I could be missing
something though). Most of this code in bitblt, and the mouse driver
we just slightly modified versions of other code.

>Note that the initial SCSI driver will have a number of limitations,
>including:
> 1) disk support only.
>
> 2) single server - we had talked in the past about having
> seperate PDRV and XPT/SIM servers. For now, however,
> everything will run in one process.

I guess both of these could be changed easily later?