Update

From: Gavin Thomas Nicol <nick_at_nospam.org>
Date: Tue Nov 23 1993 - 20:46:40 PST

>So, coherent mmap()'ed access to files does not simplify servers, does
>not simplify your kernel, does not scale to networked configurations,
>and can easily be detrimental to overall system stability. For these
>reasons, I decided to omit the feature. If you want to experiment with

Hmm, good reasons to not have the feature. Anyway, I certainly won't
be working on this until I have a viable MADO running, so I'll think a
bit more. Given the above, something like CORBA might be better, as
it's inherently messaging...

BTW: How does mach handle disks? I understood that it basically
regarded the entire disk as memory. How does it handle disks across a
network?