Re: MGR in VSTa 1.6.5

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 10:23:06 PST

["Sandro Magi" <naasking@hotmail.com> writes:]

>>Did you have a mouse driver running?
>Ahh... I did not. I just tried to run the mouse driver but I can't figure
>out the options. It says I must specify a mouse type. What are the options
>for that?

Something like:

        /vsta/boot/mouse -type {pc98_bus, microsoft_bus, logitech_bus,
            serial, ps2aux}

For ps2aux you may also need to add the "-bus" option, if mouse motion
doesn't track correctly without it.

>Since you mentioned networking, what NIC's does VSTa support? I remember
>seeing that ne2000 chipsets are supported. Any others? I currently have a
>3Com 3c905 10/100 Base-T NIC. I also have cards with DEC and RealTek
>chipsets I could try out. Are any of those supported?

You can have any NIC you want, so long as it's an NE2000. :-(

This would be a really, really good project for anybody interested in doing
something Truly Useful. An example of the approach to take is the wrappers
which the Flux OS Kit folks put around the FreeBSD drivers.

Andy Valencia