grub configuration

From: <Martin_Doering_at_nospam.org>
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 02:39:59 PDT

Hi!

Yesterday in the evening I got vsta up and running the first time. I
booted from floppy und used the first partition of my harddisk (fat16). I
wrote all the kernel and module parameters directly in. There is a file
"menu.lst" from grub which I copied to my HD to C:\boot\grub\menu.lst, but
it was ignored. How can I use a menu, where I put in all the stuff? I
found the dokumentation of grub very irritating for the beginner. The
"new" Gnu Grub is not available in a production release.

As I was on the console of vsta, I could use a few commands, but I
recognized, that there are many differences between Linux/HP-UX/Minix and
vsta. Especially the namer says nearly nothing to me and at first I have
to come behind, how this works. It seems to be essential. ;-)

After this I would like to make some experiments. I never wrote some
kernel or lowlevel stuff before. I just adopted a DOS GUI-Lib (PAL for the
HP-LX Palmtop) to X11, but just used X11 primitives. So - I would like to
see a GUI on VSTA, but I'm not shure, if I have the knowledge to do it
myself?!? I will see...

Martin Döring, Systemtechnik (IDT)
MAN Nutzfahrzeuge AG
Dachauerstraße 667