Re: 1.6.3 Compilation problem

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 08:31:39 PDT

[vax <vax@dqc.org> writes:]

>I'm trying to compile 1.6.3 and it tells me i need assym.h(i think thats
>the one) but it's no where to be found, can anyone help meout in getting
>it, so i can try it out.

assym.h is used only in building the kernel. See vsta/src/os/make/makefile
for the rule to build it (by running the "genassym" program). it's a way to
import values from C source into assembler.

>for the windowing system of svgalib and ggi use
>svgalib it's more solid, and i don't like ggi.

Of course, you don't really need to rebuild the kernel if you just want to
play with svgalib/MGR. The supplied binaries will work fine. But if
there's a problem with building from source, I'm very interested in finding
and fixing the problem.

Andy Valencia