Re: vsta under vmware

From: Andy Valencia <vandys_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 18:05:22 PST

[Brett McCoy <bmccoy@bbnplanet.com> writes:]

>I'm having problems with bochs. It keeps crashing with:
> bochs: panic, PIC: write to port 20h = 02
>I decided to give vmware a try rather than figure out why bochs isn't
>working.

I think I had to deal with this when I brought up VSTa under Bochs. The
Bochs source dump on our FTP server has this; basically, it's OK for the PIC
to ignore this I/O port write. There's one other (in the IDE emulation, if
I recollect) which is the same kind of thing: safe to change the code to
ignore the operation.

Andy