vsta under vmware

From: Brett McCoy <bmccoy_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 16:18:33 PST

Has anyone succeeded in running vsta under vmware?

I'm having problems getting grub to boot from a floppy (either real floppy
or an image file). It just prints SJSJSJSJSJSJ and so on forever.

I'm using the grub files from the 162 vsta distro. I haven't tried the
latest and greatest grub yet (I'm going to try that tonight).

I was just curious if anyone has made it work and if they have any hints
or tips.

For anyone who doesn't know about vmware, check out www.vmware.com. It's
not free, but at $99 it's not too far off and is great for working on test
kernels (ie. Linux 2.3.x series). I thought it would be really nice for
playing around with vsta.

++Brett;